Best Way to Listen to Podcasts on AndroidPosted by Mike Schumacher
Podcasts are a popular method to listen to your favorite people share stories, knowledge and entertainment. They can be a great alternative to listening to just music.
If you own an android phone, there are a few ways that can help you tune in to your favorite podcasts easily. So let’s go through them one by one.
The best methods to listen to your podcast
Following are some of the best ways to listen to your podcast on your android phone.
1. Google Play Music
- First, open the Google Play app which you can find in the app menu of your smartphone. If your device doesn’t have it installed already, you can install it from the Play Store.
- The next step is to look for a drop-down button at the top left corner of your screen. In this navigation button, select the third icon which is for the podcast.
- In the podcasts menu, you have the option of either listening from the top charts or selecting from your own collection of podcasts. Another ‘search’ button on the top right side of your screen allows you to scroll through several different podcasts and make your selection.
- The next step is to view the entire information about a podcast by tapping on it and subscribing to the one you like.
- The podcast then allows you to customize your listening options, such as auto-download, playback order and notifications.
2. Podcast Play
There are several podcast players available for download. Let’s look at how you can use them.
- The first step is to download a podcast player using your Play Store. Remember that you have to click on the ‘Install’ button to be able to download it on your android phone.
- The next step is to locate your android player on your phone which you can easily do from the menu.
- Depending on your podcast player, you will be offered different categories to choose your podcast from. Tap to select at least three categories from the list.
- Based on your choices, your podcast will recommend a few topics of interest. However, if you want to skip recommendations at this point, you can simply go directly to the main page of the podcast.
- Here you can find several tabs relating to each category. You can simply click a particular podcast to see the full list of episodes available to date.
- Clicking on a particular episode lets you find its exact details.
The ideal podcast apps
There are a few apps out there too that can help you listen to your favorite ones with convenience. Let’s look at some of the popular podcast apps out there.
1. Google Podcast
The Google Podcast App allows you to keep your favorite episodes at your fingertips. The good features of this app are its smooth design and its integration with other Google services. This means that you can not only find your favorite podcasts using Google Search, but also use Google Assistant to have sufficient playback controls.
3. Pocket Casts
Another good podcast app is Pocket Casts, which, like all good things comes at a price. This app may be free to download but some of the extra features start at a $4 fee to use this service on Google Play. If you are a podcast fan, the advantages to buying this app are the slick design, filters (tailoring content to your interests), playlists and queueing.
4. Scout FM
This is a podcast that offers a very unique feature and it offers it for free! What’s special about Scout FM is that it finds podcasts stations of your preference in various categories. These features make the Scout FM different than the rest of the podcasts and offer a whole new listening experience for you.
Castbox is relatively unknown to podcast lovers, but it has some really good features that are worth looking into. These features include a synchronized community hub and live video streams. Moreover, this app generates original content that might be difficult to find anywhere else.
Another good thing about this app is that it is free to use, while it does offer some extra features that can be availed via paid membership.
6. Podcast Addict
What is the app that has ruled the podcast scene for many years? Podcast Addict! The app has remained #1 in the app store for years and its many intricate features are the reason it has remained so popular. As well as podcasts you can listen to your favorite music, manage your audiobooks, access YouTube channels and listen to live radio streams.
While the app is free for downloading, opting for the paid option can help you get rid of all the annoying ads.
There are many options to your storing and accessing your favorite podcasts on your android phone, and app developers are consistently updating them to provide the best service. The Play Store app on your android phone provides all the necessary ways to download these apps. So go get a podcast app now!
The Jam Addict team is a revolving door of writers who care about music, its effects on culture, and giving aspiring artists tools and knowledge to be inspired and keep on creating.
If you have any questions or concerns or just want to drop us a line, don’t hesitate to contact us! We always appreciate the feedback.